Although I have been aware of the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) for many years, I was surprised to discover, after searching my own archive, that I have not written before about this simple technique for achieving relief from stress and emotional challenges. Developed by Gary Craig, the process involves six simple steps:
- Define specifically the issue that you want to relieve.
- Rate the severity of the issue, right now, on a scale of 0 to 10.
- Rub the “sore spots” on your pecs in the upper chest while repeating the following affirmation 4 times: “Even though I have this issue (state it out loud), I deeply and completely accept myself.”
- Tap about 7 times on each of the following points with your finger tips while saying: “I release this issue (state it out loud), and let it go now.”
- Inside of eyebrows
- Sides of eyes
- Under eyes
- Under nose
- Under arms
- Karate Chop point on your non-dominant hand.
- Re-rate the severity of the issue on a scale of 0 to 10.
- Repeat process — saying “Even though I still have some of this issue…” — until severity comes down to 0.
The combination of repeating affirmations while tapping on acupressure points has proven to be an effective release technique for many people. It can be used, for example, to reduce food cravings, to stop smoking, to induce sleep, to improve self-esteem, and to overcome performance problems. There’s no limit to its applications since any issue is amenable to tapping and affirmationsTo learn more including advanced techniques and additional tapping points, to watch videos, to download a free 87-page manual, to check out EFT endorsements, to order materials, and to sign up for their email newsletter, visit Gary Craig’s website at www.emofree.com. The process is simple to learn, can do no harm, and has done many a world of good. Enjoy the relief!
Coaching Inquiries: What stress or emotional challenges would you like to relieve? What actions have been effective for you in the past? How willing are you to try the Emotional Freedom Technique? Why not try it right now?
To reply to this Pathway, use our Feedback Form. To learn more about our Wellness Coaching programs and to arrange for a complimentary wellness coaching session, use our Contact Form or Email Bob.
May you be filled with goodness, peace, and joy.
President, LifeTrek Coaching International, www.LifeTrekCoaching.com
CEO & Co-Founder, Center for School Transformation, www.SchoolTransformation.com
2010-2011 President, International Association of Coaching, www.CertifiedCoach.org
Address: 121 Will Scarlet Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23185-5043
Phone: (757) 345-3452
Fax: (772) 382-3258
Subscribe/Unsubscribe: Subscriber Services