Standard Coaching Agreement
Please type where indicated, then print this form, sign, and return to LifeTrek, Inc. either by mail to the address above or by fax to (772) 382-3258.
This Agreement is made effective as of by and between ("the Client") and LifeTrek, Inc., 121 Will Scarlet Lane, Williamsburg, VA 23185-5043 ("LifeTrek" or "the Coach").
LifeTrek is a professional coaching company that is willing to provide the coaching services to the Client based on the information provided during the initial complementary coaching call. The Client desires to have coaching services provided by the Coach.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES. Coaching is a relationship and a conversation that assists people to identify and achieve their goals. It takes place principally through the telephone and the Internet. Coaching is not the same as “professional or licensed therapy,” “financial planning,” “career counseling,” “business management,” or “spiritual direction.” It is a mutual process of professional and personal transformation. Clients are free to reject any advice, suggestions, or requests made by the Coach at any time. The coach is authorized and encouraged to be unconditionally supportive, constructive, and straightforward in all communications.
If the Coach determines that the Client would benefit from therapy, an appropriate referral will be made to a licensed therapist and either party may terminate this Agreement without notice. If the Client does not have regular disciplines of relaxation and exercise, the Coach will assist the Client to develop such disciplines.
On a mutually agreeable date and time, the Coach will begin providing the following services, (collectively the "Services"):
2. PERFORMANCE OF SERVICES. The Client is expected to call the Coach at the Client’s expense. The date and time of each coaching session shall be set in advance at a time convenient to both the Client and Coach. The Client is expected to make calling the Coach a priority and is to call promptly at the prearranged time.
After the first telephone coaching session, the Client is encouraged to complete the Coaching Call Prep Form in advance of each coaching call. It is most helpful if this form is E-mailed to the Coach at least 24 hours in advance of the call so that the Coach may be prepared to respond to the agenda the Client has in mind for the next call. Each month the Client is also encouraged to send the Monthly Feedback Form along with their payment. This feedback will enable the Coach to check progress and monitor performance on a regular basis.
3. PAYMENT. The Client has agreed to pay LifeTrek, Inc. $US per month for coaching. This fee shall be paid in advance, by the first (1st) day of each coaching month. If the fee is not paid in advance, the Services shall not be provided. Payment is to be made by credit card, automatic debit, e-check, or paper check payable to “LifeTrek, Inc.”
If the Client has not rescheduled a call at least 24 hours in advance, or does not call the Coach within 15 minutes of a scheduled coaching time, the Coach will assume that the Client has elected to not take advantage of the opportunity to make that call. Such unused calls will be counted as a paid session against the monthly retainer.
Sessions that are paid for but not used within a calendar month are not rolled over to future months without specific, prior arrangements.
If the Coach needs to reschedule a call,
arrangements will always be made at least 24 hours and ideally one week in advance.
5. RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE. The Client understands that the Coach is neither licensed nor certified as a counselor, social worker, or consultant of any kind. The Client realizes that the Coach will assist the Client to identify and achieve professional and personal goals and that the Client is free to reject any advice, suggestions, or requests made by the Coach at any time.
The Client acknowledges that he or she is entering voluntarily into this Agreement with the Coach and hereby releases, holds harmless, and agrees not to sue the Coach for any personal injury, emotional distress, or property damage which may result from the decisions that the Client makes in and through the coaching relationship.
6. CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT. The Client recognizes that a successful coaching alliance depends upon the honest and forthright sharing of confidential information. The Coach agrees to take every precaution to safeguard and treat the coaching alliance as well as the information shared in the coaching alliance as confidential, including future plans, business affairs, personal affairs, process information, assessment results, trade secrets, customer lists, technical information, and other proprietary information. The confidentiality provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect after the termination of this Agreement.
7. RECORD KEEPING & SHARING OF INFORMATION. The Coach will keep a confidential record of the Client's name, phone number, and / or email address, and may submit two copies of that record to the International Coach Federation (ICF) in order to meet the requirements for coach credentialing. This shared information will be utilized strictly for the purpose of meeting these requirements and, following the credentialing process where two assessors will validate the Coach's list and subsequently destroy the two copies, only the master list will be maintained within secure files of the ICF. The Client agrees to this record keeping and sharing of information by signing this Agreement.
8. RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES. It is understood by the parties that the Coach is an independent contractor with respect to the Client, and not an employee of the Client. The Client will not provide fringe benefits for the benefit of the Coach.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written. This Agreement supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.
10. AMENDMENT. This Agreement may be modified or amended if the amendment is made in writing and is signed by both parties.
11. APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio.