Over the years, I’ve made it a habit to write down personal key learnings that I’ve either experienced or realized about myself. Personal key learnings are our own “ah ha’s” that we witness about ourselves.
Such learnings capture the attributes, habits, traits, etc. that lend themselves to the fulfilling ways in which we prefer to live and move through life. Personal key learnings are the unique things we notice about ourselves that are worth noting and remembering. Often I’ve found that my personal key learnings mirror the ways that I honor my values.
Here are a few examples:
- When I’m passionate about something, it easily comes through in my tone of voice.
- I feel the energy and vigor of my early twenty’s when I eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, fish, and whole grains.
- Honoring my value of “making the most of every moment” keeps me from feelings of frustration and stress.
- Prayer works in miraculous ways!
So how do I use this concept of key learnings? Professionally, I use it in many ways to support the personal growth and self awareness of my coaching clients. Personally, I use my key learnings journal in many productive and reflective ways including:
- to note and remind myself of what is unique and important to remember about me;
- to focus the planning of my days, weeks, months, and year;
- to find answers when I’m feeling stuck, lost, or frustrated;
- to help me live a fulfilling life;
- to move me toward being the coach, mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend that I want to be.
In essence, my key learnings are all about who I am and the things that are most important for me to remember as I go through my life experiences.
Coaching Inquiries: Reflect for a moment on the last few weeks of your life. What important information did you learn about yourself that is worth noting? What did you learn about yourself during a recent difficult situation? What is important and unique about you? What are some of your own personal key learnings that are worth noting? How can you use and benefit from this concept of key learnings?
To reply to this Pathway, use our Feedback Form. If you are interested in learning more about how you can partner with a LifeTrek coach to enhance your resilience, please Email Christina or use the Contact Form to arrange for a complimentary coaching session.
May you be filled with goodness, peace, and joy.
Christina Lombardo, PCC, CPCC (Christina@LifeTrekCoaching.com)
LifeTrek Coaching International